What’s so great about walnuts?
Walnuts seem to have trouble getting noticed over their popular nutty counterparts like almonds, cashews and even peanuts, which aren’t even nuts! Although they’re often overlooked, walnuts are actually healthier for you than many other nuts.
At Planet Crave, we don’t want you to avoid other nuts, but it’s our mission to bring the walnut into the spotlight and show this superfood off for all its benefits. We’re here to tell you why you should give walnuts a closer look!
Walnuts provide your body with:
- Walnuts are high in polyunsaturated fat, a healthy type of fat that promotes heart health and aids the body in essential functions.
- Walnuts have more of the type of omega-3 fatty acid that comes from plants, known as alpha-linolenic acid or ALA, than any other type of nut. Many other nuts don’t have any ALA, while pecans contain 0.5 grams per ounce, compared to the walnut’s 2.5 grams.
- Walnuts are a strong source of protein, an important nutrient that is necessary for your muscles, immune system, tissue and other body parts and functions. One ounce of walnuts gives you 4 grams of protein.
- The fiber in walnuts helps your body eliminate waste, helps you lose or maintain weight, and reduces your risk of health conditions like heart disease and some cancers. One ounce of walnuts provides 2 grams of fiber.
Vitamins and Minerals
- Walnuts provide high amounts of the minerals phosphorus and magnesium.
Get Your Daily Dose of Heart Healthy Omega’s with Yummy Walnut Butter!
Planet Crave, we want to help you add walnuts to your diet in a healthy, tasty way that makes your menus more exciting. So we created rich and flavorful walnut butter for you to pair with bread, vegan waffles, pears and apples, helping you add superfoods to your diet in a simple, delicious way.
Our unique walnut butter provides your body with all the important nutrients of walnuts and additional organic ingredients.
We look forward to taking this healthy nut into the forefront and showing you everything you can do with it. Make this scrumptious spread a staple in your pantry and check back often for new walnut products to come.